Whenever I'm on the road, and I need a break from traffic, or it's too late and almost all stores and restaurants are closed, or I just want to grab a bite of their delicious hotdogs with their unique Manhattan dressing and a super cold slurpee, I go to 7-Eleven.
7-Eleven has been my all-time favorite convenience store ever since. They have a wide variety of foods to choose from all packed in a cozy convenience store. That's why when I learned that 7-Eleven was holding an eating contest, I just had to find out what it was all about.
It's called the 1st BigBite Hotdog-Eating Challenge. From June 26 up until August 15 2009, anyone can go to the nearest 7-Eleven store and buy the Big Bite Match Combo that contains five jumbo hotdog sandwiches of their choice and one Big Gulp all neatly packed in a kiddie-like lunch box for only P150. This serves as your official entry kit to the Big Bite Match. It's a clocked eating competition where a 7-Eleven representative will time you until you finish all 5 hotdogs and the big gulp. The 20 fastest times from all 7-Eleven branches nationwide will advance to the semi-finals.
The twenty Semi-Finalists then compete by eating the most number of hotdog sandwiches in five minutes. The top 7 contestants move on to the finals round. The seven finalists will compete by eating the most number of hotdog sandwiches in ten minutes. And the winner gets a whopping grand prize of half a million pesos !
I have a big apetite but I eat slow. So I guess, I'll forego my chances and cheer on you guys. If you have what it takes, may be you may win the half a million pesos and be crowned the 1st Filipino hotdog-eating champion. For complete details and mechanics on how to join, visit eatingmachinesphilippines.com for more information.
Do you have what it takes to down a hotdog in record time ? How bout trying it out at 7-Eleven today !
It was a rainy Friday afternoon as the WWE Superstars from Smackdown and ECW brands were scheduled to perform in Manila, Philippines as part of the last leg of the South East Asia tour on July 10, 2009. Yet the downpour didn't stop wrestling fans to attend the one-night only event at the Araneta Coliseum.
There were lots of excited kids, fans with their favorite WWE shirts, some lucky people with title belts and face masks and those people who have witty signs set to hold up high during matches.
Here are some highlights:
- A guy wearing a Mysterio mask at the Upper Box area got fans all excited that a lot of people had their picture taken with him. He also kept on making the Mysterio sign of the cross trademark from the top of the steel stairs which made fans cheer for him.
- Christian worked up the crowd a lot and he got everyone to cheer for him and Tommy Dreamer, and boo the hell out of Swagger. He even got the crowd to cheer for the referee who got the loudest props.
- The Great Khali was huge and Maria, even though she was just a special guest referee, was the sexiest of all the Divas.
- Despite allof Chris Jericho's dissing the Pinoys at the event, everybody still cheered for him. I guess he was wondering why no one was getting pissed.
- It was an honor to have WWE hall-of-famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat on board the Smackdown/ECW tour, even if only to be a guest referee.
- Gail Kim shined in the Divas tag team match with her high-flying fast-paced moves and earned new-found respect and appreciation for those who weren't familiar with her.
- Before the match, Chris Jericho told Rey Mysterio he'd remove off his mask... and he did when he threw Mysterio out of the ring during the early part of the match. Mysterio had to cover his face for a while and put his mask back on. Everybody stood up to see what he looked like but the ring blocked the view for most.
Here are the results:
- John Morrison defeats Shelton Benjamin
- Mark Henry defeats Evan Bourne
- Divas Match
Gail Kim and Melina defeats Michelle McCool and Alicia
Special Guest Referee: Maria
- The Great Khali defeats Ziggler
- Triple Threat Match for the ECW Title
Christian vs. Swagger vs. Tommy Dreamer
Tommy Dreamer pins Swagger to retain title
- Intercontintal Title Match
Rey Mysterio defeats Chris Jericho to retain title
Special Guest Referee: Ricky The Dragon Steamboat
- World Heavyweight Title Match
CM Punk defeats Jeff Hardy to retain title
Too bad Edge was injured. He was one of the main-event wrestlers everybody wanted to see. The Undertaker, Matt Hardy, Umaga and Kane weren't on the tour either. Everybody was hopefully anticipating Batista to make a surprise appearance, even if only to greet the fans. But I guess due to his injury, he didn't make it.
I had a great time and with all my cheering and booing going on for the faces and heels, I got tired by the time it was the last match where fan-cheering was at an all-time high. I guess I need to conserve my cheers next time so I can make it to the end. hahahaha!
Overall, this is still a WWE event and I love WWE ! Thanks and looking forward to the next WWE Philippine tour !
This is a simple tribute by Swing Out Sister to the late Michael Jackson. I never thought two of my idols would be mentioned in one song, since they reside from two completely different genres. Nevertheless, I love the Swing Out Sister sound and their medley rendition to Michael Jackson's "I'll Be There".Thanks for the memories MJ.
It's a delayed post but I was really planning on making a birthday post.
"People easily are enamored of you. You are clever, witty and charming. You also have a delightful romantic streak that can seduce others. (Romance is paramount to you!) You're a shrewd judge of human character; you love to share your views about humanity with others. Work hard to build or construct something this year. Your rewards will soon follow."